This page covers our delivery information for UK Mainland, please click here for our Irish delivery information and Terms & Conditions.
Our delivery options are as below:
- Spend up to £49 and our delivery charge is only £3.49.
- Spend over £49 and our delivery is free (subject to terms and conditions - Aquariums, ready built cabinets & vivarium may incur a delivery charge*)
- Frozen Food - Free delivery on frozen food orders when your total order value is £49 or over. Delivery is £4.99 per order for any orders containing frozen food under £49.
- DPD £6.50 - Orders placed before 2pm via DPD delivery will be despatched same working day for next working day delivery if in stock - Please note, if you opt for DPD delivery on a glass aquarium / terrarium it will still be sent via pallet courier and not DPD. Next Working Day DPD Delivery is aspirational and not guaranteed.
* Glass Aquariums, Glass Vivariums, Wooden Vivariums and Heavy Cabinets are only delivered on our own transport or by pallet courier. There may be an additional delivery charge for these items if your address is classed as 'remote' by the courier - In most cases this will be shown in checkout.
Items which weigh over 25kg and are sent by courier may require an additional delivery charge. We will notify you by email if this is required.
All orders will be despatched Mon - Fri, no orders will be shipped at the weekend. Any orders placed Friday afternoon to Sunday evening will be despatched on Monday morning.
We use couriers (Royal Mail, Hermes, DX Xpress) who operate 24 or 48-hour delivery across most of the UK, though we are in the hands of the courier for this service and delays are out of our hands. You will receive an email from us with your tracking number once your item has been shipped. With your tracking number, you can track your delivery. Please be aware that tracking numbers might not be active until after 3pm on the day of despatch. Standard Delivery (£3.49) can be up to 2-5 working days from the time of placing your order to receiving it. Our system will decide the best courier for your standard delivery order based on weight, size and location. All standard delivery options are fully tracked.
We offer a next day DPD service for most order, if this is available for your order the option will be shown in checkout below the standard delivery options. DPD provide a time 1 hour deliver slot (available via email / their app on the morning of planned delivery) along with options for a safe place or information on how to change your delivery date / location if you won't be in to accept delivery.
Our Van Transport:
Glass aquariums, glass vivariums, pre built wooden cabinets and vivariums may be delivered on our own transport. This is mainly a free delivery service, but we reserve the right to charge for this service when applicable. The driver will assist in delivering the item into your residence / building. The driver will not assist with taking the item up any internal stairs. Any claim against glass or fragile breakage must be made whilst the driver is still present. The item must be unpacked and inspected in front of the driver. Once the driver has departed, any breakages of glass or fragile items can not be claimed for as the item has been considered as delivered intact. Any claims for breakages once the driver has departed will be considered as breakages after the delivery was made.
Most large / fragile items (glass aquariums, large cabinets, glass terrariums) can only be sent via pallet courier. In most cases this is a free delivery, but we reserve the right to charge for this service where applicable and for remote locations or islands - On most cases the delivery charge will be shown in checkout.
Pallet delivery charges are subsidised by ourselves so we can offer a low, competitive pallet charge for orders.
We offer a Nominated Day Pallet Delivery service for most deliveries for Free. Remote areas may be charged a higher rate, in most cases this will be shown in checkout based on your delivery postcode.
The pallet driver will only deliver the pallet to the entrance of the address (driveway, parking area etc), the driver will not take the item into the residence or building. Access to your location must be provided for a heavy goods vehicle. Poor access may result in the driver not being able to deliver the pallet, which will result in additional charges or the full payment of the pallet delivery. Any claim against glass or fragile breakage must be made whilst the driver is still present. The pallet must be unpacked and inspected in front of the driver. Once the driver has departed any breakages of glass or fragile items can not be claimed for as the items on the pallet have been accepted as delivered intact. Refusal to accept the delivery for reason that do not include damage may result in a charge for the full cost of the pallets delivery.
Certain areas of the UK may be subject to an additional charge which is dependent on delivery location, weight and size of the package. Smaller packages will not incur an additional charges We will contact you by email or telephone if your order requires an extra charge once you have placed your order. You may either accept the delivery charge and receive your goods, or cancel your order for a full refund.
Full list of remote areas by post code:
- SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS remote area post codes: AB36 to AB38, AB55 to AB56, FK17 to FK21, IV1 to IV39, IV52 to IV54, IV63, KW1 to KW14, PA21 to PA40, PH10 to PH26, PH30 to PH41, PH49 to PH50,
- SCOTTISH ISLANDS remote area post codes: HS1 to HS9, IV55 to IV56, KA15 toKA17, PA20, PA41 to PA49, PA60 to PA78, PH42 to PH44, ZE1 to ZE3.
- SCOTTISH ISLANDS deliveries are sent on a 2 to 5 day delivery service.
- IF YOUR POSTCODE IS LISTED ABOVE, WE WON'T BE ABLE TO SHIP TO YOU WITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
- Please note - Due to certain circumstances, some postcodes additional to those above may also be subject to an additional delivery charge (not highlands, but still classed as remote by the courier for example) - We will contact you if your delivery address falls into this category - There will be an additional delivery charge in this scenario for most cases.
When will your item be despatched:
Items will be despatched same day or within 24 hours (Mon - Fri, orders placed over the weekend will be despatched on Monday morning). We will notify you if your order is delayed. You will be notified by email once your item has shipped and a tracking number will be included in the email where applicable. Some items are sent directly from the manufacturer. We have no control over the shipping of these items but we have agreements with these manufacturers that items will be despatched same/next day. Items which are ordered and are displayed as backorder on our web site may be delayed. We will call you with up to date information about the item.
Some items will be sent out frozen. These include Gamma fish foods, Snake foods and Natural Instinct Dog & Cat foods.
Frozen foods are packed in insulated boxes which will keep the contents frozen for 24 to 36 hours. Upon receiving the frozen items they should be placed into a freezer as soon as possible.
Orders which include frozen foods must have a minimum spend of £10.01p. Your order will then be sent using next day delivery.
If you are not in to receive the frozen food, it will be returned to the delivery depot. The food may then defrost - this is NOT the fault of the delivery driver, and it is NOT the fault of Urmston Aquatics. The food was sent out on time and delivered on time. We will NOT refund frozen foods which have defrosted due to the recipient being unavailable or unable to take delivery if the delivery was made / attempted within 24 hours of despatch.
Special offers are only applicable at the time of purchase. Special offers where they are offered to beat a competitor's price is only applicable on a like for like basis including delivery charges.